Get to know all about Naya Pakistan Housing loan scheme
LAHORE (Web Desk) – State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has announced Government of Pakistan’s markup subsidy for affordable housing finance for construction and purchase of new houses.
The statement released by the central bank said that government has allocated Rs33bn for payment of markup subsidy for financing over a period of 10 years and has assured continuity of facility. The markup subsidy facility will be available through all banks and is divided in 3 tiers.
Here’s all you need to know about the scheme:
All men/women holding CNIC
First time home owner
An individual can have subsidized house loan facility under this scheme only once
Only for construction and first purchase of newly constructed affordable housing units
Size of Housing Unit
Size of the loan is segregated into three tiers, as under:
– Tier 1 (T1) – Housing units/apartments of up to 125 square yards (upto 5 Marla) with covered area of up to 850 square feet.
– Tier 2 (T2) – Housing units/apartments of up to 125 square yards (5 Marla) with covered area of up to 850 square feet.
– Tier 3 (T3) – Housing units of more than 125 square yards up to 250 square yards (10 Marla) or apartments with covered area from more than 850 square feet to 1,100 square feet.
Maximum Price of Housing Units
Maximum price (market value) of a single housing unit at the time of approval of financing, as under:
– Tier 1 (T1) – Rs 3.5 million
– Tier 2 (T2) – Rs 3.5 million
– Tier 3 (T3) – Rs. 6.0 million
Maximum Loan size
Maximum size of the loan of a single housing unit, as under:
– Tier 1 (T1) – Rs 2.7 million
– Tier 2 (T2) – Rs 3.0 million
– Tier 3 (T3) – Rs. 5.0 million
Long term housing finance loans.
As per banks’ credit policy and prudential regulations for housing finance, the housing unit financed will be mortgaged in favor of financing bank.
Allocation in Budget
Finance Division shall give authority to SBP to debit GOP account on quarterly basis for the subsidy payment to banks.
Payment will be made to the banks on submission of quarterly-consolidated subsidy statement as per format prescribed by the State Bank of Pakistan.
All commercial banks including Islamic banks and House Building Finance Company Limited (HBFCL)
A standardized Application Form both in English and Urdu will require minimum essential information with simple format.
The processing time will not exceed 30 days after submission of all documents by the borrower and the same will be clearly stated in the application form.
Banks to have standardized loan documents and risk acceptance criteria.
SBP will publish consolidated information about the loans extended under this program for information of the public on quarterly basis on its website.